Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Podcast introduction

Its been quite a morning just getting home from the graveyard shift at the Texas City Harbor. Checking my email I found that I received 4 responses from Doc Bourke, Keith Packard, Donn (Thunder) Baggett, and Robin/Jim Charlton. Brought back fond memories of the Gray from nearly 30 years ago when stationed in San Diego, Ca.

I want to thank Kent Leach from Green Bank, W. Virginia for providing me with 28 email addresses last week. I've been kind of lazy and didn't add them to my address book until yesterday. That's how I got some reponses yesterday.

Additionally, I don't want to leave out Vic "Hadjii" Cornell residing in Hawaii who responded to my initial email to a Gray crewmember from a link I found on a USS Gray Google search a couple of weeks ago.

The Frappr Google Map has turned into a real success. There is already ten crew members on it. That kind of happened overnight. So be sure to add yourself and any pictures, like Don "Thunder" Baggett and Kenneth Johnson did.

If you have any ideas for a podcast, then let me know. Click the "Listen" link to hear the debut USS Gray podcast. The sound quality isn't the best as I broadcasted it over the internet using Skype to Telcaster Altanta Studio. I ported my landline to my cellphone and the reception in this mobile home is sporadic, that's why I did it over the internet using Skype

I hope to hear from you with any ideas to get the information out to all the lost crewmembers who don't know about the July 2006 reunion in Grapevine, Texas.

Click the listen button button below for the USS Gray podcast.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home